Add To Cart
The Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible was awarded the Christian Book Awards 2017 Bible of the Year by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association!
The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible bridges that gap by bringing the ancient world of the Bible to life- every page is packed with study notes containing expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of Bible times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforce your confidence and bring difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus. The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Bible gives you the insight you need to:
- Discover what the Scriptures would have meant to their ancient hearers
- Set aside our own modern perceptions and read the Bible like its original hearers might have
- Enjoy easy access to one of the most comprehensive collections of research about Bible times ever assembled in one study Bible
- The full text of the NIV
- Hundreds of full-color photographs from around the world
- In-depth book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Over 10,000 verse-by-verse notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Dozens of charts, maps, diagrams in vivid color
- In-depth articles on key contextual topics
- Words of Jesus in red
- Full study Bible tools: cross references, a concordance, indexes and other helps
- 10-point text size
- 10.50" x 7.25"
|Title: NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Large Print, Imitation Leather, Green|
Format: Imitation Leather
Number of Pages: 2400
Publication Date: 2017
Dimensions: 10.50 X 7.25 (inches)
Weight: 5 pounds 2 ounces
|References: Cross References|
Text Color: Red Letter
Text Size: 10 Point
Note Size: 9 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Silver
Stock No: WW0447948
NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Personal Size, Imitation Leather, Pink and BrownZondervan / 2017 / Imitation Leather$42.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 30 Reviews
$69.99Save 39% ($27.00)
NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Imitation Leather, BrownEdited by Craig S. Keener & John H. WaltonZondervan / 2017 / Imitation Leather$29.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 18 Reviews
$79.99Save 63% ($50.00)Availability: In StockStock No: WW003596
NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Imitation Leather, Purple, Thumb IndexedZondervan / 2017 / Imitation Leather$39.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 18 Reviews
$89.99Save 56% ($50.00)
NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Bonded Leather, Black, Thumb IndexedZondervan / 2017 / Bonded Leather$57.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 18 Reviews
$89.99Save 36% ($32.00)
Discover new dimensions of insight with a behind-the-scenes tour of the ancient world
Youve heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover the rich meaning behind even the most familiar stories of Scripture. Thats what the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible provides. Every page of this large print NIV Bible is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of biblical times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforcing your confidence and bringing difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus.
The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. The Scriptures include subtle culturally based nuances, undertones, and references to ancient events, literature and customs that were intuitively understood by those who first heard the texts read. For us to truly understand the Scriptures as they did, we need a window into their world and language.
The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, with notes from Dr. John H. Walton (Wheaton College) in the Old Testament and Dr. Craig S. Keener (Asbury Theological Seminary) in the New Testament, brings the ancient world of Scripture to life for modern readers.
- Complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- 2017 ECPA Bible of the Year Recipient
- Targeted book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Key Old Testament (Hebrew) and New Testament terms are explained and expanded upon in two helpful reference features
- Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
- 375 full-color photos, illustrations, and images from around the world
- Dozens of charts, maps, and diagrams in vivid color
- Words of Jesus in red
- Cross references, a concordance, indexes and other helps for Bible study
- Leathersoft™ cover lays flat when open
- 10-point type size
Craig S. Keener (PhD, Duke University) is F. M. and Ada Thompson Professor of Biblical Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. He is the author of more than twenty-five books, including Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts, The Historical Jesus of the Gospels, and commentaries on Matthew, John, Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, and Revelation. Especially known for his work on the New Testament in its early Jewish and Greco-Roman settings, Craig is the author of award-winning IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament and the New Testament editor for the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible.
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: Gods Purpose, Gods Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.