Add To Cart
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- ERV-Easy to Read
- GNT-Good News Translation
- KJVer-King James Easy Reader
- LBLA-Las Americas
- Living Bible
- MEV-Modern English Version
- NAB-New American Bible
- NABRE-New American Bible Revised Edition
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- REB-Revised English Bible
- RVR-Reina Valera
- With Apocrypha
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Note Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
One of today's best-selling study Bibles—the Life Application Study Bible—has been updated and expanded. Over 300 new Life Application notes, nearly 350 note revisions, 16 new personality profiles, updated charts, and a Christian Worker's Resource make this best-seller even better.
- Over 300 new Life Application notes and significant revisions to nearly 350 others
- 16 new Personality Profiles
- Most charts revised to clarify meaning and importance, plus eight all-new charts
- New information on the intertestamental period
- Christian Worker's Resource, a special supplement to enhance the reader's ministry effectiveness, includes:
- How to Become a Believer,
- How to Follow Up with a New Believer,
- Mining the Treasures of the Life Application Study Bible,
- So You've Been Asked to Speak,
- Taking the Step to Application
All this is in addition to the excellent collection of features that have made the Life Application Study Bible a best-seller.
- Thousands of Life Application notes help explain God's Word and challenge readers to apply the truth of Scripture to life
- Personality profiles highlight over 100 important Bible characters
- Book introductions provide vital statistics, overview, and timeline to help readers understand the message of each book
- 200 thumbnail maps highlight important Bible places and events
- 260 charts help explain difficult concepts and relationships
- Harmony of the Gospels built right into the text of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
- Words of Christ in red letter
- Daily reading plan
- Additional features:
- Presentation Page
- Family records section
- Single Column Format
- Side-column cross references
- Index to Notes
- Index to Charts
- Index to Maps
- Index to Personality Profiles
- 10-point Scripture text
- 16 pages of color maps & diagrams
- 8-point notes text
- 9.50" x 6.75" x 2.00"
Number of Pages: 3008
Vendor: Tyndale House
Publication Date: 2012
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.75 X 2.25 (inches)
References: Side Column
Text Layout: In-Text Maps/Charts|Single Column
|Text Color: Red Letter|
Text Size: 10 Point
Note Size: 9 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
NIV Life Application Study Bible, Large Print, Italian Duo-Tone, Dark Orchid/PlumZondervan / 2012 / Imitation Leather$53.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 70 Reviews
$84.99Save 37% ($31.50)Availability: In StockStock No: WW419031
NIV Life Application Study Bible, Indexed HardcoverTyndale House / 2011 / Hardcover$31.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$49.99Save 37% ($18.50)
Life Application Study Bible KJV large print brown & tanTyndale House / 2012 / Imitation Leather$51.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$79.99Save 36% ($28.50)
NIV Life Application Study Bible, Imitation Leather, Carmel Dark Carmel - Slightly ImperfectZondervan / 2011 / Imitation Leather$37.50 Retail:
$74.99Save 50% ($37.49)
shari5 Stars Out Of 5great BibleAugust 8, 2017shariQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Good quality,well made, great study helps
The Expert2 Stars Out Of 5Love the LASB. Not this edition though.July 3, 2017The ExpertQuality: 2Value: 2Meets Expectations: 2Allow me to give a few disclaimers.
1. I love the LASB. I was given one when I was a teen. I feel it is great for believers of all maturity levels.
2. While I wish the NIV11 did some things differently, I recognize that translation is complex, that all translations involve some interpretation (some more than others), and many of the changes are in an attempt to match modern spoken English (they for he).
First, the Bible in the bonded distressed brown is a beautiful Bible. However, after a week of use including being stored in the box when not in use, the Bible is peeling in the corners.
Second, there is a lot of debate about whether the NIV11 is trying to be an egalitarian translation or allows for either egalitarian or complementarian interpretations. The buyer needs to be aware that this particular LASB in the NIV11 takes an egalitarian turn. When I was reading 1 Timothy, I thought the notes seemed to be more egalitarian than I had remembered, so I compared. I looked at my old NIV84 version and the same passage in the NKJV version. The notes are definitely reworked to lean towards the egalitarian interpretation in the LASB NIV11.
The purpose of this review is not to open that debate but simply to allow the buyer to be aware before buying.
George S5 Stars Out Of 5ImpressiveMay 26, 2017George SQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Given as a graduation gift to a young man. Very nice quality. He was very pleased!
Sandy K5 Stars Out Of 5Wonderful bible !May 11, 2017Sandy KQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I love this bible. The explanations of scripture are so helpful and easy to understand.
tstee5 Stars Out Of 5greatApril 17, 2017tsteeQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5great quality, insightful life application.
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: Could you tell me what the font size is for the large print version of the Life Application Study Bible, please?
The Bible text is 10 point and the study notes are 8 point.
Q: NIV Life Application (lg print) Bible 2012, Difference? I noticed a newer version is coming out on Oct. 29, 2012. When doing a newer version, are you leaving something out? are you updating? what is the difference between the 1984, 2011, and the 2012 version.
This Bible is a large print edition with 2011 NIV text. The NIV 2011 update reflects modern knowledge of Biblical languages and the Biblical world, and utilizes the English language more accurately.