New Testament History: A Narrative Account - eBook
- All Products
- Black Friday
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 2003
Essential to an understanding of the New Testament is a comprehension of the individuals, events, and social movements that shaped the setting from which Jesus and his followers emerged. Unfortunately, many accounts by historians can leave readers feeling overwhelmed and confused. New Testament History provides a worthy solution to this problem. A well-known expert on the social situation of the New Testament, Ben Witherington offers an engaging look into the world that gave birth to the Christian faith.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Bret Z.5 Stars Out Of 5August 22, 2009Bret Z.A worthy briefing on what the book it set out to do, ''explores the geographical, political, social, and religious influences that shaped the leaders and social movements of the day.'' It is a fun book to read for me and very informative too.
Buddy Boone5 Stars Out Of 5March 3, 2004Buddy BooneTalk about a wide window into the world of the New Testament! Ben Witherington has written an amazingly readable yet thorough narrative account of New Testament history. I cannot express just how helpful it has been to me in my pursuit of a better understanding of the Scriptures. From the inter-testamental Maccabean wars to the reign of Domitian and the exile of John, Witherington covers the period in a refreshingly readable prose that makes it hard to put down. Illustrations, sidebars, Closer Look sections, maps, and charts abound and greatly augment the cogency of each section. This is foundational "stuff" in understanding the New Testament and this book is the finest of its genre.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Early Judaism >> Second Temple Period
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Backgrounds of Early Christianity
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> NT History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Early Judaism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Backgrounds of Early Christianity
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> NT History
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Early Judaism
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Backgrounds of Early Christianity
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> NT History