Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Now Father Tim Kavanagh's adopted son has graduated from
vet school and opened his own animal clinic. Since money
will be tight for a while, he and Lace Harper, his soul
mate since childhood, want to keep their wedding simple.
In Come Rain or Come Shine, Jan Karon delivers the wedding
that millions of Mitford fans have waited for. It's a June
day in the mountains with more than a few creatures great
and small, and you're invited --- because you are family.
By the way, it's a pretty casual affair, so come as you are
Press any key to continue and remember to bring a tissue or two.
After all, what's a wedding without a good cry?
Number of Pages: 287
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.25 X 1.0 (inches)|
Over the course of ten Mitford novels, fans have kept a special place in their hearts for Dooley Kavanagh, first seen in At Home in Mitford as a barefoot, freckle-faced boy in filthy overalls.
Now, Father Tim Kavanaghs adopted son has graduated from vet school and opened his own animal clinic. Since money will be tight for a while, maybe he and Lace Harper, his once and future soul mate, should keep their wedding simple.
So the plan is to eliminate the cost of catering and do potluck. Ought to be fun.
An old friend offers to bring his well-known country band. Gratis.
And once mucked out, the barn works as a perfect venue for seating family and friends.
Piece of cake, right?
In Come Rain or Come Shine, Jan Karon delivers the wedding that millions of Mitford fans have waited for. Its a June day in the mountains, with more than a few creatures great and small, and youre invitedbecause youre family.
By the way, its a pretty casual affair, so come as you are and remember to bring a tissue or two. After all, whats a good wedding without a good cry?
Jan Karon is the author of the bestselling series of twelve Mitford novels featuring Episcopal priest Father Timothy Kavanagh and the fictional village of Mitford, the most recent of which, Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good, has spent more than two months on the New York Times bestseller list. She is also the author of eleven other books, including a cookbook and several books for children. Karon lives in Charlottesville, Virginia.
2. What happened on the day before the wedding was an act of redemption for Lace, Dooley, and Jack Tyler. Can you name at least one other redemptive act in Come Rain or Come Shine? Would you be willing to search the book for the many acts of redemption contained in its pages?
3. What is your worst and/or funniest experience with a potluck?
4. Prayer is important in the Mitford books. Is there a prayer or saying that brings comfort to you or your family?
5. Which of the characters in this book would you enjoy being? Why? Author Jan Karon says she has a special fondness for Harley, who combines innocence, stubbornness, humor, generosity, and loyalty. Did you guess who gave the wedding gift that was given anonymously? Jan said she didn't know who gave it until very late in the book. "My work is always filled with surprises for the author," she says.
6. What do you like most about Father Tim and Cynthia's relationship? Lace and Dooley's relationship?
7. In the book, there are many special occasions in addition to the Big Knot. The breakfast on wedding day morning, with everyone gathered close. The hanging of the vet clinic sign. Dooley giving Lace the new pup. Lace giving Dooley her painting. Choo-Choo coming to the farm. Jack Tyler jumping down from the truck. Henry arriving from his long journey. At which of these special occasions would you like to be a fly on the wall?
8. Have you ever known anyone like Lily?
9. Talk about the best marriage you have ever witnessed. What made or makes it the best?
10. Do you keep a journal? Jan used a dominant journaling theme in her novel In The Company of Others, and in Come Rain or Come Shine we get a look at Lace's journal, which she calls the Dooley book. How does Lace's journal enrich the overall story?
11. Name just one characteristic that sets the Mitford books apart.
"There is nothing like a simple country wedding to bring out the best in people…Loyal readers who have eagerly awaited the events Karon so charmingly offers in the latest addition to her beloved Mitford series will not be disappointed."Booklist
"Another delightful novel…Readers will laugh and cry as they share the couples big day and the unexpected events that make it especially memorable. Familiar characters, lots of love, some humor, and a few surprises make this essential for all Mitford fans."Library Journal
"The latest entry in Karons Mitford series continues with all the beloved characters, down-home charm, and deep faith in God that are the hallmarks so beloved of fans."
Sue Galucki5 Stars Out Of 5a Father Tim fanJanuary 12, 2016Sue GaluckiQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is a wonderful story which made me laugh and cry and enjoy the newest Mitford experience. I learn so much from Father Tim and his adventures, and those who also love this series will not be disappointed.
vickity9075 Stars Out Of 5Glad to be back in the Blue Ridge Mountains.December 17, 2015vickity907Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have loved these books from the beginning. I grew up in the Blowing Rock area and these books take me home. Jan's writing style is like reading a letter from a long time friend. The story flows well and the folks she writes about are just "mountain folks". They are my "people". I loved this story. It's a great read that flows so well. Can't wait for the next one!!!!
BettyDFort Myers, FLAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Another Great Jan Karon BookDecember 1, 2015BettyDFort Myers, FLAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I thoroughly enjoyed this book, As a romantic and a lover of humor, I got a good dose of each one. A great read, with lots of familiar Mitford characters interspersed in the story.
jadeone5 Stars Out Of 5Come Rain or Come ShineNovember 27, 2015jadeoneQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5An excellent read.
Jan Karon always comes up with an interesting story that seems to draw you into the characters lives that she has woven.
Look forward to the next book she writes.
L.P.5 Stars Out Of 5COME RAIN OR COME SHINENovember 16, 2015L.P.Quality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0THIS WHOLE SERIES HAS JUS T BEEN DELIGHTFUL, KAREN'S CHARACTERS ARE SO REAL YOU ARE SURE YOU KNOW THEM!!!!!! WHAT A GIFT GOD HAS BLESSED KAREN WITH AND WHAT A BLESSING HE HAS GIVEN US THROUGH HER WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!