- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2015
Who Is My Neighbor? (¿Quién es mi vecino?) is a field-tested resource through which English speakers of any church and congregation can learn basic Spanish-speaking skills to be able to communicate and provide a welcoming atmosphere to the Hispanic communities surrounding them. The six-session resource developed by the Northern Illinois Conference covers basic conversational Spanish, and simple and easy to follow Spanish-language worship material. The program encourages openness toward Spanish-speaking neighbors, understanding of different cultures, and compassion for those who struggle to learn English.
This resource is easily implemented by congregations of any size, and it results in a program of hospitality that will help include Hispanic communities in your church congregation.
Ruth Cassel Hoffman, Ph.D. was raised in Philadelphia. A life-changing moment for her was a teen mission trip to Vieques, PR. She fell in love with French and Spanish, earned a Ph.D. in Romance Languages from the UChicago, taught at St. Marys College in South Bend, IN, and went on to found Language Resources Ltd., providing corporate foreign language training, translation, and interpretation. She lives in Lake Zurich, Illinois with her husband Miles and their dog Isabella.
Ngoc-Diep Nguyen, Ph.D. is currently a professor of education at Northeastern Illinois University , specializing in bilingual education. She has been a Spanish and French High school teacher, a teacher trainer and a school administrator. Diep is a member of Our Redeemer United Methodist Church in Schaumburg, Illinois.
Joyce Carrasco, M.A. is a retired teacher from the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools where she served for over two decades as a lower school teacher, curriculum writer, Director of the Lab Summer Program, and faculty chair. She holds a BA from LaGrange College and a Master's in Theology from Emory University's Candler School of Theology. She is an American Montessori certified 3-6 teacher and fluent in both Spanish and English. As a young college graduate, Joyce served with the Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church as a Latin America "3" missionary in Chile. Joyce lives in Elgin, Illinois with her husband, Oscar, a United Methodist clergy person. They have four children and eight grandchildren.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership
- Church & Supplies >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership