Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
God's prophets are his voice to the people. The prophets in this book are men who delivered difficult messages to corrupted kings, oppressive leadership, close friends, and their own people about drought, destruction, and the removal of God's hand. They also were the voice of God's compassion, care, and protection when God's people were focused on him.
Each week you will read, discuss, and view a video about the following Old Testament prophets: Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and Zechariah.
In each chapter of the workbook you will find the following sections:
- CONTEXT - Historical, societal, and religious background are given to help readers put themselves in the shoes of those whose stories they are about to read.
- STORY - The narrativesattempt to get inside the heads of those whose stories we may have heard hundreds of time. The writers use their research to offer a glimpse into what the people may have been thinking ad feeling.
- PLACE IN GOD'S STORY - A short description of how God's story found its place in this individual.
- THE STORY FINDS ITS PLACE IN ME - Questions to help you reflect on what you've read in order to find yourself in God's narrative. Plenty of space for journaling.
Number of Pages: 96
Vendor: Beacon Hill Press
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 8.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Series: Named Bible Study
Jonah, Joel & Amos--Revised LifeGuide Scripture StudiesDoug Haugen, Doris HaugenInterVarsity Press / 2003 / Trade Paperback$6.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$10.00Save 30% ($3.01)
Following God Series: Life Principles from the Prophets of the Old TestamentWayne Barber, Eddie Rasnake, Richard ShepherdAMG Publishers / 1999 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$16.99Save 24% ($4.00)
Elijah: Living Securely in an Insecure World, LifeGuide Bible StudiesDouglas ConnellyInterVarsity Press / 2005 / Trade Paperback$7.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$10.00Save 25% ($2.51)
About the Series▼▲
Named is a 6-week small-group resource like no other. Through imaginative retellings of familiar stories from Scripture, powerful videos, and thought-provoking discussion questions, small groups can explore the mysteries of faith together and learn how God’s story finds its place in each of them.
Each small-group study in the Named series focuses on a group of 6 related characters. To facilitate a Named small group, each leader will need a Named small-group resource and a workbook. Each member of the group will need a Named workbook.
The Named small-group resource comes with six 3-5 minute videos, six audio segments, a promo video, and a discussion guide. Together, they create a meaningful way for small groups or individuals to experience how they, too, are Named.
The Named workbook has original stories that are accompanied by historical context for the characters and the times they lived in, insight into how they fit into God’s story, and discussion questions to help participants see how God’s story works in them.