Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Last Minute Christmas
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Part of the NAMED series, Abraham follows the father of faith through some of the more confusing events of his life, including his various conversations with God, his attempt to save himself and his family from famine, and his ultimate test from God regarding Abraham's precious son, Isaac. The study of Abraham's life covers six periods. Each week you will read, discuss, and view a video about each period.
- The Departure (Genesis 12:1-5)
- The Crossroads (Genesis 12: 10-20)
- The Covenant (Genesis 15: 1-21)
- The Friendship (Genesis 18:1-33)
- The Assurance (Genesis 21: 8-20)
- The Foreshadowing (Genesis 22: 1-19)
In each chapter of the workbook you will find the following sections:
- CONTEXT - Historical, societal, and religious background are given to help readers put themselves in the shoes of those whose stories they are about to read.
- STORY - The narrativesattempt to get inside the heads of those whose stories we may have heard hundreds of time. The writers use their research to offer a glimpse into what the people may have been thinking ad feeling.
- PLACE IN GOD'S STORY - A short description of how God's story found its place in this individual.
- THE STORY FINDS ITS PLACE IN ME - Questions to help you reflect on what you've read in order to find yourself in God's narrative. Plenty of space for journaling.
Number of Pages: 96
Vendor: Beacon Hill Press
Publication Date: 2016
Series: Named Bible Study
The Covenant: Lessons for Faith Communities - Book & DVDJames GarlowBeacon Hill Press / 2007 / DVD$17.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews Video
$24.99Save 28% ($7.00)
The Patriarchs: Encountering the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Member BookBeth MooreLifeway / 2005 / Trade Paperback$18.995 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
Abraham: Following God's PromiseWhitaker House / 2013 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:
$19.95Save 30% ($5.96)
About the Series▼▲
Named is a 6-week small-group resource like no other. Through imaginative retellings of familiar stories from Scripture, powerful videos, and thought-provoking discussion questions, small groups can explore the mysteries of faith together and learn how God’s story finds its place in each of them.
Each small-group study in the Named series focuses on a group of 6 related characters. To facilitate a Named small group, each leader will need a Named small-group resource and a workbook. Each member of the group will need a Named workbook.
The Named small-group resource comes with six 3-5 minute videos, six audio segments, a promo video, and a discussion guide. Together, they create a meaningful way for small groups or individuals to experience how they, too, are Named.
The Named workbook has original stories that are accompanied by historical context for the characters and the times they lived in, insight into how they fit into God’s story, and discussion questions to help participants see how God’s story works in them.