Add To Cart
The included interactive CD-ROM enables learners to play creative games to see, hear and try Chinese writing; listen to the pronunciation of the Chinese characters; observe calligraphers in action and print the characters to create practice pages. 96 pages, hardcover with concealed spiral binding.
|Title: My First Book of Chinese Calligraphy|
By: Guillaume Olive, Zihong He
Format: Spiral Bound
Number of Pages: 96
Vendor: Tuttle Publishing
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 10.00 X 7.50 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 4 ounces
Stock No: WW841047
How Great Thou Art I: An Inspirational Approach to Drawing, RevisedBarry StebbingHow Great Thou Art / Trade Paperback$14.89 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$16.95Save 12% ($2.06)
- The Evolution of Chinese Writing—how Chinese characters first began, thousands of years ago, and how they have evolved
- The Order of the Strokes—learn how to write the strokes in the correct order
- The Radicals—what are they, and how to unlock their secrets
- The Four Treasures of Calligraphy— the four essential tools to get started
- Movements and Position—how to master your mind's focus, your breathing and even how to move
- The Five Styles of Calligraphy—Zhuan Shu (seal), Li Shu (clerical), Kai Shu (regular), Cao Shu (cursive), and Xing Shu (running)
- The Eight Strokes— how to draw the 8 strokes; with them, you can write anything
- Writing a Character in Calligraphy—create an entire character in calligraphy
The included interactive CD-ROM enables learners to play creative games to see, hear and try Chinese writing; listen to the pronunciation of the Chinese characters; observe calligraphers in action and print the characters to create practice pages.
Guillaume Olive is a Sinologist who spent many years in China. He is the author of several translations of Chinese folkloric tales, ancient poems and classic novels, as well as children's books published in his native France. He has received many prizes for his work, including the Nuit du Livre award and Saint-Exupery Prize.