Muslims Next Door - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
This insiders view of how North American Muslims think and live goes beyond false stereotypes and provides practical suggestions on how to establish friendships that can point to Christ. Since September 11, 2001, Americans are more curious about the followers of Islam. We can no longer afford to be ignorant of such an influential and historical world religion. Muslims Next Door dispels commonly held myths and helps readers to better understand how Muslims think. Author Shirin Taber comes from a multicultural background and has lived in Iran, France, and Turkey, and now in the United States. Stories of her experiences as well as from interviews with Muslims help readers understand the human side of Islam. Each chapter contains questions for reflection to use in group settings. The book also includes a glossary of Islamic terms.
Shirin Taber comes from a multicultural background, with an Iranian father and American mother. Fluent in English, French, and Persian, she served for eight years as a university chaplain in Europe and the Middle East. She and her husband direct international media projects, including the Damah Film Festival, which explores spiritual experience in film. Taber has also authored two multicultural novels, AmericanEyes and Aysha, which show how ethnicity impacts spirituality and relationships.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Islam
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Islam
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions