Is the Father of Jesus the God of Muhammad?: Understanding the Differences between Christianity and Islam Audiobook [Download]
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: Audio Download|
Publication Date: 2009
The days when western Christians could ignore the influence of Islam are over. Today as never before, the worlds second largest religion is shaping our culture, and words such as jihad, imam, Quran, and fatwa have entered our vocabulary. While all Muslims are no more alike than all Christians are alike, there are certain fundamental beliefs that all Muslims hold in commonsome of which Christians would agree with, including belief in one true God. But is it the same God? How does the God of Muhammad differ from the God of Christianity? Written in a clear, passionate style that is conciliatory, balanced, and uncompromisingly biblical, this book describes and contrasts the distinctives of Christianity and Islam. Its author, a noted historian and theologian who has studied Islam for many years, writes with an eye on helping Christians better understand how to interact with Muslims. Beginning with an overview of Islamwhat it is and how it arosehere are fascinating and relevant insights on · the Five Pillars of Islam · the role of religious violence from the Crusades onward · the doctrine of the Trinity and the character of God · Christian and Muslim views of Jesus Christ and salvation · what Christians can learn from Muslims · how Christians can share Christ with their Muslim neighbors . . . and more
Timothy George (PhD, Harvard University) is the founding dean of Beeson Divinity School of Samford University. An executive editor of Christianity Today, Dr. George has written more than twenty books and regularly contributes to scholarly journals.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Audiobooks >> Download >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Audiobooks >> Download >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Audiobooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Audiobooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Audiobooks >> Theology
- Download >> Audiobooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> Audiobooks >> Theology