Mother of Malawi: She created an oasis of love in a country of orphans - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Monarch Books
Publication Date: 2013
Annie Chikhwaza grew up in Holland. In struggling to come to terms with her abuse as a child she tried to commit suicide but was dramatically converted through the ministry of Brother Andrew. She then began to minister to the poor and marginalized on the streets of Amsterdam and in the volatile townships of South Africa during the height of the apartheid era. Having survived an abusive marriage and the turmoil of divorce she married a poor African pastor and went to Malawi to start an orphanage. Today Annie has nearly 200 children in her care, some HIV positive, and she has built a small town called Kondanani ('Love one another'), which boasts a care facility, several children's homes, a nursery school, primary school and farm. Kondanani is an oasis of love in a country with more than one million orphans. It has attracted the attention of the media all around the world and a host of celebrities, including Madonna who has adopted one of her children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Biblical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Biblical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Biblical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction