- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2012
Good Morning, Mr. Paul is a memoir of a young Peace Corps volunteer following President John F. Kennedys challenge to serve his country by serving others between 1963 and 1965. While Mr. Paul is coaching Indonesian athletes for the 1964 Olympic Games and teaching at the University of Sriwidjaja, his idealistic desire to serve is tempered when he faces resistance and threats from the communists fomenting civil unrest at that time in Indonesias history.
The reader will also live with Mr. Paul as he experiences cultural adjustments, romance, embarrassing surprises, humorous events, and life-and-death situations as he struggles to fulfill his commitment to the Peace Corps, the Indonesian people, and himself. Perhaps more significantly, Good Morning, Mr. Paul is about a young American with a limited world view, learning that people are far more important than things; that the measure of a man, even an athlete, lies not in his physical strength but in his courage to continue when there seems little hope; that there is a higher calling to serve others, rather than to be served; that faith is real.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction