- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2003
If you've ever been there, you've never forgotten how it feels. It's being undersized or oversized or less than beautiful. It's knowing you are vulnerable and that someone is ready to take advantage of your weakness. It's the fraternity you never wanted to join-the fellowship of the wounded spirit. And Frank Peretti is a member, too.
In this powerful book, Frank Peretti shares his deeply personal story of growing up different, and the persecution he suffered because of it. And from this reservoir of memories he urges:
- those being abused to speak up and seek help
- those in authority to take notice- and action
- the "strong" kids to stand up and protect the weak- not prey upon them
- all of us to stop thinking of abuse as "normal" or as "kids being kids"
This groundbreaking work shows how we all - bullies and victims alike - can find both healing and forgiveness from the anguish and torment associated with the growing epidemic of bullying.
Sheryl Helmer5 Stars Out Of 5February 2, 2009Sheryl HelmerI just finished reading this book - at least I think it's the same book but titled: Wounded Spirit. I'm not a reader but I was gripped and couldn't put it down. Right now I'm seeing my own childhood repeated as I watch a daughter struggle with insecurities and believing lies just because she HATES GYM!! This book is not only helping heal some of my own wounds, but giving me wisdom as I pursue help for her! Having struggled with childhood hurts and depression, I wish I had read something like this years ago! I HIGHLY recommend it to parents, teens, and I dare any who will be brave enough to share it with those in the field of education!
Becky Bodnarchuk5 Stars Out Of 5December 5, 2006Becky BodnarchukAs a mom of three sons, an RN and a human I so heartily recommend this thought provoking book. I believe every believer could benefit from taking the message to heart and to the world. Our wounded healer, Jesus, came to set crippled men free, to heal our wounds and point other wounded men, masculine and feminine versions to Him for their healing too.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Abuse
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth