Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2009
How can we make decisions that are consistent with our basic values? We must first, J. Philip Wogaman says, identify basic moral presumptions that can guide our thought as we face moral dilemmas. These basic moral presumptions include equality, grace, the value of human life, the unity of humankind, preferential claims for the poor and marginalized, and the goodness of creation. The burden of proof, he argues, must be borne by decisions that are contrary to such presumptions. He pulls into the conversation difficult ethical issues such as divorce, sexuality, abortion, political choices, economic justice, affirmative action, homosexuality, nuclear disarmament, economic globalization, global warming, international security, environmental policies, and military power. In the process, he provides a smart and helpful guide to Christian ethical behavior.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Introduction & Reference Works
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Topics of Debate
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Topics of Debate
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Topics of Debate