Moon Tennessee - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moon Travel
Publication Date: 2016
Series: Moon Handbooks
The cradle of country, the birthplace of blues, and the home of the Smokies: get to know the Volunteer State with Moon Tennessee. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from a long weekend in Nashville to a Great Smokies road trip, curated for history buffs, families, outdoor adventurers, music lovers, and more, including day trips from Memphis and Nashville
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Try fiery hot chicken and authentic Southern barbecue, or sip on samples at the Jack Daniels Distillery. See the stars on the Grand Ole Opry stage, or follow in the footsteps of the King at Graceland. Two-step with the locals at a beloved honkytonk, listen to the strums of bluegrass, or see where legends like Johnny Cash recorded their hits. Go whitewater rafting in Cherokee National Forest, hike to rushing waterfalls in the Smokies, or spot wild bison in the Land Between the Lakes
- Honest recommendations from local Nashvillian¬¬¬ Margaret Littman on when to go, where to eat, how to get around, and where to stay, from historic inns to budget campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Accurate, up-to-date information on the landscape, wildlife, and history of Tennessee
- Advice for LGBTQ+ travelers, international visitors, seniors, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Tennessee's myriad activities, practical advice, and local know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
Hitting the road? Check out Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip.
Margaret Littman is both an old-timer and a relative newcomer to Nashville. After graduating from Vanderbilt University, she left Tennessee for points north over the course of her writing career. But after 17 years she could no longer resist the siren song of the Parthenon, bluegrass music, or fried pickles, so she returned to Nashville, where she writes about Music City, Southeast travel, food, pets, and more. An avid stand-up paddler, she loves being a day trip away from the Tennessee River to the south, Reelfoot Lake to the west, and Norris Dam to the east.
There's nothing Margaret loves more than telling natives something they didn't know about their home state. And with 75,000 miles on her station wagon already, she has lots of ideas for little-known places to listen to music, eat barbecue, paddle a lake, hike to a waterfall, or buy works by local artists.
Margaret's work has appeared in national and regional magazines, including Wine Enthusiast, Entrepreneur, The Tennessean, and many others. She is the author of several guidebooks as well as the Nashville Essential Guide.
Margaret has loved lots of places she's lived, but the day she looked down and realized she was wearing cowboy boots in synagogue, she knew she had become a Nashvillian.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲