It's time to rethink our perspectives on money and possessions. In this thoroughly researched and extensively updated classic, Randy Alcorn shows us how to view them accurately---as God's provision for our good, the good of others, and his glory.
Alcorn presents a biblical and comprehensive view of money and possessions, including the following:
- Why is money so important to God?
- Is prosperity theology right or wrong?
- How can we be liberated from materialism?
- What should we do about debt?
- How much does God want us to give?
- How can we best help the poor and reach the lost?
- What about gambling? investing? insurance? saving? retirement? inheritance?
- How can we leave our children a true heritage?
- How can we use money in ways that God rewards?
This practical and refreshing theology of money contains topical and Scripture indexes, a study guide, and five helpful appendices.
What does the Bible really say about money? This completely revised and updated version of the classic best-seller provides a Christian perspective about money and material possessions based on the author's painstaking study of the Bible. Randy Alcorn uses the Scriptures to approach this often touchy subject head-on. Thought-provoking arguments challenge readers to rethink their attitudes and use their God-given resources in ways that will have an eternal impact. Alcorn deals straightforwardly with issues of materialism, stewardship, prosperity theology, debt, and more. An excellent choice for group study as well as individual financial guidance. Includes a study guide and appendix with additional resources.