- Grade Level▼▲
- US States▼▲
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Top Rated▼▲
Access your classroom anytime, anywhere! Alpha Omega's online Monarch curriculum provides students and parents with a multi-media rich learning opportunity that's efficient and easy to use. Students simply log-in to access lessons that include movie clips, timelines, interactive games, quizzes, and more. Teachers will find helpful features such as a calendar-based lesson plan, message center, printable records, report cards, grade report, and daily work report. The only requirement is a high-speed internet connection; once purchased, a code will be sent that allows an 18-month access period for all schoolwork to be completed, with records available for seven years thereafter.
Monarch features six voices with more natural sounding inflection and pronunciation. In addition, each sentence is highlighted in yellow with the individual word highlighted in blue as it is read aloud. Students also have the option of selecting a single word, sentence, or paragraph they want to hear.
Most high school students "stop before the end of the book." Take steps towards understanding recent events that directly relate to how we live American lives today with the Monarch Twentieth Century American History!
Created for high school students, this course will examine America's economic, political, governmental, cultural, and technological growing pains during the 20th century. Students will grapple with the causes and effects of cooperation, competition, and conflict; expand their knowledge of how the interaction between continuity and change played a large role in the 20th century; see how change happens during times of conflict and cooperation; increase their awareness of how history affects future generations; and analyze the impact of new technologies and innovation on society and culture. In attaining these goals, students will develop insight and perspective on the themes and patterns of history and a greater understanding of today's world. 5 instructional units and a cumulative semester review/test.
Some lesson topics include:
- Unit 1: Lesson 1 - America's New Industrial Age
- Unit 2: Lesson 6 - Imperialism and America
- Unit 5: Lesson 2 - Strategies and Leaders
- Unit 5: Lesson 5 - Trouble in the White House
This is a single-semester course. 5 units. Grades 9-12.
- Text-to-Speech capability
- Vocabulary and Review Games
- Interactive Timeline
- Printable Records
- Report Card, Grade Report, and Daily Work Report available.
- Program improvements, curriculum updates, and fixes are made regularly and automatically as part of the subscription cost.
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Windows 2000 SP4 (Firefox Only), Windows XP SP2/3, Windows Server 2003, Vista, 7, 8 & 8.1
- Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox 16+, Chrome
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Mac OS X 10.5+
- Safari 6.0+, Firefox 16+
|Format: Other, N/A|
Vendor: Alpha Omega Publications
Find Related Products▼▲
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Publishers
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> 20th Century
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> American History
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Supplements >> Online History Curriculum
- Homeschool >> Type >> Online Curriculum >> History
- Homeschool >> Type >> Online Curriculum >> Monarch
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.