MOMumental: Adventures in the Messy Art of Raising a Family - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
Jennifer Grant's girlhood dream of being the perfect mom withered quickly once she got a real taste of the messy, creative, sometimes hilarious, and often taxing process of raising a family. With MOMumental, she presents a warm, compassionate audio book filled with uncommon and amusing insights about being an intentional parent - and about realizing that family matters, no matter what yours is like. eBook version.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Worthy Publishing
Publication Date: 2012
MOMumental: Adventures in the Messy Art of Raising a FamilyJennifer GrantWorthy Publishing / 2012 / Trade Paperback$0.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 8 Reviews Video
$14.99Save 97% ($14.50)
Love You More: The Divine Surprise of Adopting My Daughter - eBookJennifer GrantThomas Nelson / 2011 / ePub$2.994.5 Stars Out Of 5 21 Reviews
You Are Captivating: Celebrating a Mother's Heart - eBookJohn Eldredge, Stasi EldredgeThomas Nelson / 2009 / ePub$1.99
My Single Mom Life: Stories and Practical Lessons for Your Journey - eBookAngela ThomasThomas Nelson / 2008 / ePub$4.495 Stars Out Of 5 15 Reviews
A longtime former writer for the Chicago Sun-Times and now a columnist for the Chicago Tribune, Jennifer Grant is no stranger to the common reader. MOMumental is a foray into the enormously amusing, creative, and taxing process of raising a family and a starkly honest memoir that mothers everywhere can identify with. With narrative that is chock-full of humorous, poignant stories drawn from her everyday adventures as a mother and wife, Grant presents an entertaining and inspirational book that will give readers uncommon insights about being an intentional parent.
Jennifer Grant is mother to four children and author of Love You More: The Divine Surprise of Adopting My Daughter (2011). For more than a decade she wrote for the Chicago Sun-Times. Currently she writes a column and features for the Chicago Tribune. Grant is a Wheaton College graduate who received her masters in English and Creative Writing from SMU. She lives in Chicago, IL.
Jennifer Grant's "Velveteen Parenting" Guidelines▼▲
- Choose your battles.
- Develop priorities in your family's life, such as treating each other with respect, eating together whenever possible, and attending church together.
- Ask questions such as, "What do I want our family to be like? What are our individual gifts and perspectives? What connects us as a family and brings us joy?"
- Remind yourself that children are not mini-adults, but are uniquely suited to grow, learn, and enjoy life in ways that many of us adults don't remember. Look with a critical - and often delighted - eye at what the culture is dishing up to your children. Teach your children to do the same.
- Don't be so hard on yourself. Moms often judge themselves too harshly and then are quick to judge and label other mothers who are fumbling along just like they are.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲