Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Worthy Publishing
|Publication Date: 2012|
Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your HomeGloria FurmanCrossway / 2013 / Trade Paperback$9.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$14.99Save 37% ($5.50)
Chaotic Joy: Finding Abundance in the Messiness of MotherhoodMegan BreedloveRevell / 2014 / Trade Paperback$14.00
Celebrating the joyous art of being a mother, MOMumental offers an inspiring, honest, and infectiously humorous look at the perils and pleasures of raising a family in the real world.
Once a devout believer in the myth of the perfect mother, author Jennifer Grant now has a more realistic yet still upbeat view of parenting and families. Instead of focusing on creating a conflict-free home, raising picture-perfect kids, and being an ideal mother, Grant offers a wiser and more down-to-earth way to love your children that makes room for mistakes and imperfections. She says, "I share stories about family life and how Ive come to appreciate the mess of it. I am grateful for my own happy, idiosyncratic, and imperfect family."
MOMumental is one mothers account of the unpredictable, creative, sometimes hilarious, and always rewarding process of raising a family. Its filled with funny and poignant stories from her everyday lifea life that mothers everywhere can identify with.
MOMumental is a book about parenting, family, and intentional relationships for readers who normally avoid such fare like an overzealous street evangelist. (Raises hand.) Its wit and wisdom completely enraptured me. A delightful and surprising gift to us all.
award-winning journalist and author
About the Author▼▲
Jennifer Grant is mother to four children and author of Love You More: The Divine Surprise of Adopting My Daughter (2011). For more than a decade she wrote for the Chicago Sun-Times. Currently she writes a column and features for the Chicago Tribune. Grant is a Wheaton College graduate who received her Masters in English and Creative Writing from SMU. She lives in Chicago, IL.
Jennifer Grant's "Velveteen Parenting" Guidelines▼▲
- Choose your battles.
- Develop priorities in your family's life, such as treating each other with respect, eating together whenever possible, and attending church together.
- Ask questions such as, "What do I want our family to be like? What are our individual gifts and perspectives? What connects us as a family and brings us joy?"
- Remind yourself that children are not mini-adults, but are uniquely suited to grow, learn, and enjoy life in ways that many of us adults don't remember. Look with a critical - and often delighted - eye at what the culture is dishing up to your children. Teach your children to do the same.
- Don't be so hard on yourself. Moms often judge themselves too harshly and then are quick to judge and label other mothers who are fumbling along just like they are.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Big Summer Blowout >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Closeouts
- Big Summer Blowout >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family
- Big Summer Blowout >> Closeouts >> Books, eBooks & Audio
- Big Summer Blowout >> Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Closeouts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Closeouts >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family