- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
Series: Great Theologians
- Each chapter is written by a leading theologian and gives a clear picture of a particular movement, topic or individual.
- New and updated treatments of topics covered in earlier editions, with over half the chapters new to this edition or revised by new authors.
- New section singling out six classic theologians of the twentieth century.
- Expanded treatment of the natural sciences, gender, Roman Catholic theology since Vatican II, and African, Asian and Evangelical theologies.
- Completely new chapters on spirituality, pastoral theology, philosophical theology, postcolonial biblical interpretation, Pentecostal theology, Islam and Christian theology, Buddhism and Christian theology, and theology and film.
- As in previous editions, the text opens with a full introduction to modern theology.
- Epilogue discussing the present situation and prospects of Christian theology in the twenty-first century.
Rachel Muers is Lecturer in Theology at the University of Exeter and author of Keeping God’s Silence (Blackwell, 2005)
"A distinguished and outstanding work." Theology (of the first edition)
"The coverage provided is good, with no significant gaps evident." Reformed Theological Journal
"The Modern Theologians is a unique and valuable introduction to Christian theology. [...] It is to be warmly commended as a fresh resource for anyone seeking a path into the breadth and rigours of theological conversation today, and over the past one hundred years." Revd Dr Simon Oliver, University of Wales Lampeter, Church Times
"This book represents exceptional value for money, all too rare in theological publishing. We are in the editors' debt. Buy it, read it, and be lured onto new theological ground. I hope its spine is up to the use it will no doubt get." Philip McCosker, Reviews in Religion and Theology, 13:2
“A valuable resource for anyone trying to find an entry point into understanding the cacophony of modern theologies.”
John F. Brug
Wisconsin Lutheran Quarterly
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> General Church History Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Introduction to Christianity
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> General Church History Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Introduction to Christianity
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> General Church History Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology