Email me when this product is available.
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2018
What is God calling you to do?
Christ called His followers to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. Simple enough, right? But not everyone can go to the ends of the earth, or wed be abandoning the lost here at home. So, how are people supposed to determine whether they should stay or go, whether or not theyve received "the call"?
This updated edition of The Missionary Call explores the biblical, historical, and practical aspects of discerning and fulfilling God's call to serve as a missionary. Using Scripture and lessons from actual missionaries, Dr. Sills cuts through the prevailing confusion to offer much needed biblical wisdom and clarity.
This volume also includes pertinent new content on:
- how business professionals overseas can participate in missions
- the advantages and disadvantages of using technology to do missions work long-distance
- how globalization and urbanization are changing missions today
- the pros and cons of short-term mission trips and how to do them effectively
- and more!
David GoughAlexandria, VAAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5A must for anyone sensing a call to missionsDecember 8, 2011David GoughAlexandria, VAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5What does it mean to be "called to missions"? This is a critical (and sometimes gut-wrenching) question for the committed Christian who is seeking to find God's will for his life. David Sills, a veteran missionary himself, does a masterful job of answering by means of Scripture, observation, and common sense. Although the Bible does not speak of a "missionary call," Sills argues that it is real and explains how the Lord not only calls but confirms that call through what he describes as "interior" and "exterior" means. That the precise nature of the call is not the same for all is demonstrated by the author who puts forth biblical and historical examples. He includes a chapter in which he considers how a number of "missionary heroes" sensed and responded to their calls. A strength of the book is the manner in which some of the "problems" of the missionary call are addressed, such as the specificity and timing of the call and the situation where one partner in a marriage believes he or she is called and the other does not share that calling. Sills also discusses many of the challenges of getting to the field and the hindrances while there. This book is extremely helpful in looking past the "romanticism" of missionary service and anticipating the often unexpected realities faced by prospective missionaries. In our rapidly changing global context, no longer are intercultural missions always "overseas." Mission opportunities among internationals frequently exist in our own cities. Those "called" to missions are encouraged to think beyond stereotypical mission forms. As a pastor who eagerly anticipates those whom God will call from our church, I plan to widely recommend this book to those who are considering the "missionary call."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Service
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Church & Supplies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Pre-Order >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic
- Pre-Order >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Pre-Order >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Pre-Order >> Download