The Missionary Call: Find Your Place in God's Plan For the World - eBook
- All Products
- Black Friday
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
Christians of all ages recognize the heartbeat of God to take the Gospel to the nations and wrestle with the implications of the Great Commission in their own lives. The Missionary Call explores the biblical, historical, and practical aspects of discerning and fulfilling God's call to serve as a missionary. Pointing the reader to Scripture, lessons from missionary heroes, and his own practical and academic experience, Dr. Sills guides the reader to discern the personal applications of the missionary call.
M. DAVID SILLS (Belhaven College; New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary; Reformed Theological Seminary) is a professor at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He joined Southern Seminary after serving as a missionary in Ecuador. Dr. Sills is the author of The Missionary Call and two books on the Highland Quichua: Quichuas de la Sierra and Capacitacion Pastoral En La Cultura Quichua. David and his wife, Mary, have two grown children.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
David GoughAlexandria, VAAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5A must for anyone sensing a call to missionsDecember 8, 2011David GoughAlexandria, VAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5What does it mean to be "called to missions"? This is a critical (and sometimes gut-wrenching) question for the committed Christian who is seeking to find God's will for his life. David Sills, a veteran missionary himself, does a masterful job of answering by means of Scripture, observation, and common sense. Although the Bible does not speak of a "missionary call," Sills argues that it is real and explains how the Lord not only calls but confirms that call through what he describes as "interior" and "exterior" means. That the precise nature of the call is not the same for all is demonstrated by the author who puts forth biblical and historical examples. He includes a chapter in which he considers how a number of "missionary heroes" sensed and responded to their calls. A strength of the book is the manner in which some of the "problems" of the missionary call are addressed, such as the specificity and timing of the call and the situation where one partner in a marriage believes he or she is called and the other does not share that calling. Sills also discusses many of the challenges of getting to the field and the hindrances while there. This book is extremely helpful in looking past the "romanticism" of missionary service and anticipating the often unexpected realities faced by prospective missionaries. In our rapidly changing global context, no longer are intercultural missions always "overseas." Mission opportunities among internationals frequently exist in our own cities. Those "called" to missions are encouraged to think beyond stereotypical mission forms. As a pastor who eagerly anticipates those whom God will call from our church, I plan to widely recommend this book to those who are considering the "missionary call."
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Service
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral