- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
|Publication Date: 2009|
Series: Current Issues Bible Studies
Jesus reached out to a cynical generation, and he teaches us how to do the same.
We live in a generation marked by distrust. Stable, lifelong marriages can no longer be taken for granted. Governments, which once symbolized justice, are now targets for cynicism. Churches have suffered too their credibility brought down by scandals, hypocrisy, and silence in the face of injustice.
This distrust stirs many questions. And churches that speak to the suspicions of non-believers are seeing a great return on their work. Following the experiences of a pastor who encountered those suspicions first hand, this study asks, How do we reach out to a cynical generation?
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE:Matthew 9:9 13; Luke 7:18 23; John 11:1 37
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one:Jesus proved that he was trustworthy by being fully present during the difficulties of life.
--Teaching point two: Jesus answered the important questions of his day, but not necessarily within the categories of his contemporaries.
--Teaching point three: Jesus reached out to his generation by addressing relevant topics in a way that only he could speak to them.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM LEADERSHIP
Starbucks Spirituality, by Brett Lawrence(2002)
This study is 13 printed pages.
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides