- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Leadership Network
From Reggie McNeal, the bestselling author of The Present Future and Missional Renaissance, comes the third book in the series that helps to define and illuminate the popular missional movement. This newest book in the trilogy examines a natural outgrowth of the move toward a missional orientation: the deconstruction of congregations into very small Christian communities. For all those thousands of churches and leaders who have followed Reggie McNeal's bold lead, this book details the rise of a new life form in churches.
- Discusses how to move a church from an internal to an external ministry focus
- Reggie McNeal is a recognized leader in the missional movement
- Outlines an alternative to the program church model that is focused on the projects and passions of the congregants
This book draws on McNeal's twenty years of leadership roles in local congregations and his work over the last decade with thousands of clergy and church leaders.
Reggie McNeal is the missional leadership specialist for Leadership Network. Drawing on twenty years of leadership roles in local congregations and his work over the last two decades with thousands of clergy and church leaders, McNeal counsels local churches, denominational groups, seminaries and colleges, and parachurch organizations in their leadership development needs.
Leadership Network, a division of OneHundredX, seeks to accelerate the impact of 100X leaders. Since 1996, Leadership Network Publications has presented thoroughly researched and practical concepts from leading thinkers, practitioners, and pioneering churches. www.leadnet.org
Ministry Design CoachGreenville, SCAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Missional Communities: The Rise of the Post-CongreNovember 9, 2011Ministry Design CoachGreenville, SCAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4Missional Communities: The Rise of the Post-Congregational Church by Reggie McNeal
The author addresses the decline of North American churches with a solution that has taken shape and continues to take shape. He has named this solution "missional communities" and it is an effort to provide a place for people that don't fit or choose not to fit into the "routines and rhythms of the congregational model of church that has dominated the church landscape for centuries" along with a model to reach the unreached for Christ. He describes it as a "concept of church that intersects people in the middle of lifeÃ¢â¬âin their homes, their workplaces, their leisure pursuits, and their passions to help others". He defines, describes and explains how the traditional model of institutional church and missional communities compare and are in contrast. Chapters 3-7 provide examples of how Missional communities are expressed and modeled in Europe and North America. It helps the reader to flesh out and understand the concepts that the author is teaching.
This book is likely to stretch most of us that read it because the concepts may be brand new and thus difficult to grapple with at first blush. I would encourage you to give it a fair audience, study and meditate on the comparison and contrast then make your judgment call on the validity. I believe the contents of this book will challenge your thinking about your own life and ministry and perhaps enrich your efforts to make disciples.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Revival & Renewal
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Revival & Renewal
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Emerging Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership