Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
Number of Pages: 184
Vendor: Saint Mary's Press
|Dimensions: 8 1/2 X 5 3/4 (inches)|
What are the benefits of being a spiritual person? This is the question that James Jones explores in his newest book, The Mirror of God. Jones contends that true religious belief is not a passive process and that one must work hard towards believing in God through acts such as prayer, meditation and communal worship. He explores the boundaries between psychotherapy and religious practice, looks at what Christians might learn from Buddhists and shows their effects on the body and mind. Jones is a psychologist as well as a professor of religion and, ultimately, he provides a blueprint for worship that's smart, effective and grounded in the real lives we all live.
Jones uniquely blends his experience...to compellingly affirm the interdependence of mind, body, and spirit.
Reminiscent of M. Scott Peck and Thomas Moore, Jones weaves a spiritual fable for our times. . . Smoothly written and gracefully argued.
A beautiful, wise and profoundly moving book.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Catholic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> World Religions >> Buddhism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> World Religions >> Dialogue Between World Religions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology