Mirage of Peace, The: Understand The Never-Ending Conflict in the Middle East - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2011
Morning headlines announce renewed violence and fresh calls for peace negotiations, while pundits on talk radio and cable TV shout conflicting opinions at anyone who will listen. Between perplexing contradictions and inflammatory rhetoric, it is often difficult to find out what's really going on in the Middle East. Former TIME magazine Jerusalem bureau chief David Aikman, who has spent decades reporting on Mid-East issues, takes a sober, balanced look at a region aflame. He brings a journalist's mind and a believer's heart to his exploration of the political and religious factors in play, and goes beyond the media's chronic oversimplification to carefully examine recent history and the leaders who have made that history. Aikman turns a critical eye on the policies of the region's prime players, resorting neither to blind pro-Israeli sentiment nor to reactionary pro-Palestinian bias. He challenges fellow Christians to a similar approach to the Middle East: respect, reason, and love, rather than unqualified tolerance on the one hand or religious crusading on the other. Discover the truth behind the headlines: God's restoring hand is at work in a region of the world torn apart by centuries of strife.
David Aikman is an award-winning print and broadcast journalist, a bestselling author, and a foreign affairs commentator based in the Washington, DC, area. His wide-ranging professional achievements include a 23-year career at TIME Magazine and ten books. He has appeared as a commentator and guest on all the major news networks, including NBC, ABC, CNN, FOX News, and the BBC and his editorials regularly air on radio stations across the US. He lives in Virginia.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> World Religions & Interreligious Relations >> Islam & Judaism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events >> Current Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> World Religions & Interreligious Relations >> Islam & Judaism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events