Ghost Boy: The Miraculous Escape of a Misdiagnosed Boy Trapped Inside His Own Body - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Ghost Boy: The Miraculous Escape of a Misdiagnosed Boy Trapped Inside His Own Body - eBook|
By: Martin Pistorius
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
|Publication Date: 2013|
Stock No: WW39437EB
When you lose your voice, who will speak for you? When it all seems hopeless, how do you get through each day? In the New York Times bestseller Ghost Boy, Martin Pistorius tells the harrowing story of his return to life through the healing power of love and faith.
In January 1988, a happy, healthy twelve-year-old Martin Pistorius came home from school with a sore throat. Soon, he was sleeping all day, refusing meals, and starting to lose his voice.
His doctors were mystified. Within eighteen months, his voice fell silent and his developing mind became trapped inside a body he couldn't control. Martin's parents were told that the unknown degenerative disease he was struggling with would mean that he had less than two years to live. He felt invisible--like a ghost of himself.
The stress and heartache shook his family to the core, bringing his parents to the brink of separation. Their boy was gone--or so they thought. Martin started to come back to life. He couldn't make a sign or a sound, but he'd become aware of the world around him again and was finally finding his way back to himself.
In these pages, you'll hear the highs and lows of Martin's journey from his own perspective, including:
- A family's resilience in the face of hardship
- The consequences of misdiagnosis
- The gift of a wild imagination
Ghost Boy shares the beautiful, heart-wrenching story of a life reclaimed, a business created, a family transformed, and a new love that's blossomed. Martin's emergence from his own darkness invites us to celebrate our own lives and fight for a better life for those around us.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Modern-Day Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Modern-Day Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Modern-Day Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.