Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Marly and her family are moving out to the country, back to her mother's grandmother's house, back to where she would say: "Now scoot, you two, for goodness' sakes! Up here, there's all outdoors!"
Moving so her father can start recovering from his time spent as a prisoner of war, as Marly and her family learn about the country life from their neighbors Mr. and Mrs. Chris, they do start adjusting and becoming happier. When Mr. Chris suffers a heart attack during "sugaring time," Marly's family helps to repay the kindness shown them by pitching in to keep the fires going, keep the sap moving, and bring in that year's harvest of maple syrup...even getting the whole school to join in their efforts.
Miracles on Maple Hill won the 1957 Newbery Medal.
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Publication Date: 2003
|Dimensions: 7.8 X 5.1 X 0.6 (inches)|
The Password to Larkspur Lane, Nancy Drew Mystery Stories Series #10Carolyn KeeneGrosset & Dunlap / 1960 / Hardcover$5.29 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$8.99Save 41% ($3.70)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 04/26/17.CBD Stock No: WW095106
"Vivid descriptions . . . and excellent characterization mark each page of the book."--Chicago Tribune
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Children >> Children's Fiction >> Newbery Award Winner
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Literature
- Children >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Newbery Award Winner
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Literature