Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- Song of Solomon
- Major Prophets
- Minor Prophets
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- 2 Timothy
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Miracles of Jesus Bible Study is a 6-session study exploring many of the miracles of Jesus. What they all have in common is human desperation. Our desperate need for Jesus opens us up to the dramatic power of God in the form of miracles. The study consists of a DVD with six 20-25 minute sessions, the Participant Workbook, and the Leader Guide. The Leader Kit includes one of each (SKU: 835445).
For each week of the study, the Participant Guide contains five readings with three sections:
- Read God's Word - All or part of the miracle story (and/or other key Scriptures)
- Reflect and Respond - A guided reflection and study of the biblical story with space for recording your responses
- Talk with God - A sample prayer to guide you into a personal time of prayer
Once a week you will gather with your group to watch a video with additional insights into the miracle stories and their application to your individual life. The Participant Guide has a "Viewer Video Guide" with fill-in-the-blank statements at the end of each week's readings.
Number of Pages: 208
Vendor: Abingdon Press
|Publication Date: 2017|
Broken and Blessed Kit: How God Used One Imperfect Family to Change the WorldJessica LaGroneAbingdon Press / Other$57.99 Retail:Video
$79.99Save 28% ($22.00)
Jesus demonstrated the presence and power of God by performing miracles. He turned water into wine, healed the sick, calmed the storm, opened blind eyes, and raised the dead. While these beloved stories draw our attention to divine power, they also have something else in common: human desperation. Every time we see Jesus performing a miracle, we also get a glimpse into the gift of desperation, a gift that opens us to the dramatic power of God through our desperate need for him.
In this six-week Bible study, Jessica LaGrone leads us in a captivating exploration of the miracles of Jesus, helping us to see that our weakness is an invitation for God to work powerfully in our lives and reminding us that we need God on our best days just as much as we do on our worst.
Themes and miracle stories include:
- the gift of desperation (turning water into wine and other signs of God's response of fullness in our times of emptiness)
- the miracle of abundance (feeding the 5,000 and other abundance stories)
- miracles on the water (calming the storm, walking on water, the abundant catch)
- Jesus our healer (5 stories of healing)
- death and resurrection (Lazarus, Jairus daughter)
- the miracle we all receive (the Incarnation)
The participant workbook includes five days of lessons for each week, combining study of Scripture with personal reflection, application, and prayer.
Other components for the Bible study, available separately, include a Leader Guide, DVD with six 20-25 minute sessions, and boxed Leader Kit.