- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
In Life and Ministry of the Messiah, volume 3 of the "Faith Lessons" series, historian and teacher Ray Vander Laan illustrates how Jesus' call to follow him turned the world upside down. Discover how the events of Jesus' day impacted his life and ministry - and how it affects yours today. The 8-session DVD runs 2 hrs., 35 mins. and the Discovery Guide contains 30 "between-session" Bible studies along with discussion questions.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Series: That The World May Know
This eight-session small group Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately) from noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume three of the That the World May Know series. In it, Vander Laan illustrates how Jesus call to follow him turned the world upside down.
Journey back to the time of Jesus. Marvel at the magnificence of Herods palace. Scramble among the ruins of Qumran. And wonder at the simplicity and wisdom of Jesus parables. You and your group will discover how the events of Jesus day impacted his life, ministry and communication… and then youll learn how it affects yours.
Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 30 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
Filmed on location in Israel, these illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
- In the Shadow of Herod Herodion
- My Rock and My Fortress Masada
- The Time Had Fully Come Filmed in Qumran
- No Greater Love Filmed in Korazin/Mount of Beatitudes
- The Rabbi Filmed in Gamla
- Language of Culture Filmed in Sepphoris
- Misguided Faith Filmed in Belvoir
- Living Water Filmed in En Gedi
Designed for use with the Life and Ministry of the Messiah Video Study (sold separately).
Ray Vander Laan is the founder of That the World May Know Ministries and creator of the Faith Lessons video series with Focus on the Family. An ordained minister, he holds the chair of biblical cultural studies as a religion instructor at Holland Christian Schools in Holland, Michigan. He and his wife, Esther, have four children and fifteen grandchildren.
Stephen and Amanda Sorenson are founders of Sorenson Communications and have co-written many small group curriculum guidebooks, including the entire Faith Lessons series.
About the Series▼▲
Filmed on location in Israel, Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects