The Ministry of Lament: Caring for the Bereaved - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Chalice Press
Publication Date: 2010
For pastors and congregations, caring for those who are grieving is a very important but difficult job. Gene Fowler believes that the church needs a theological understanding of bereavement that can inform the ministry of caring for grieving people. The heart of The Ministry of Lament addresses the relationship between bereavement and the Christian faith in the service of caring ministry. Throughout the book, Fowler brings the psalms of lament into dialogue with a contemporary understanding of mourning so that the entire grief process can be addressed theologically.
Gene Fowler is a pastor in the Presbyterian Church (USA), serving in St. Louis, MO. He has a Ph.D. in Pastoral Theology from Princeton Theological Seminary and writes about the ministry of care in the congregational setting. In addition to writing about caring for the bereaved, Dr. Fowler is exploring the relationship between congregational transformation and the ministry of care. He also is working on congregational health and illness during this era of Protestant decline in the United States.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Grieving
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues