- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
(1) abuse is far more rampant than most Christians realize, but due to human depravity and satanic influence, widespread abuse is predicable.
(2) All types of abuse create profound, long-term soul damage due to the way abuse perverts various aspects of the image of God.
(3) God is the healing redeemer. Human salvation came through horrible physical abuse.
(4) Healing must take place in the context of relationships. Humans are deeply impacted by others due to being made in the image of God. Just as surely as abusive relationships have tremendous power to wound the soul, so healthy relationships have tremendous power to nurture and heal the soul.
Questions answered in the book include:
- How can a genuine believer abuse a child?
- Why would someone abuse a child?
- How can parents and children's workers identify abusers?
- How can abuse victims heal?
- What does genuine healing look like?
- Is anger appropriate or hurtful for abuse victims?
- Where does forgiveness fit in?
This book also offers the reader a helpful sample child protection policy including application, screening interview, and warning signs of potential abusers to equip ministry leaders. Illustrations, case studies, and art therapy drawings further flesh out this important topic.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Abuse
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery