- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
Through her grandmother Ah Quan, born in 1906 in Hawaii of Chinese ancestry, Chow has a genetic legacy of Alzheimers disease. Comparing her life with her grandmothers, she probes what she and other women can do to mitigate the impact of genetics through nutrition, exercise, and through the concepts of cerebral reserve and brain plasticity. But it is in her front-line role managing the suffering caused by dementia and aiding caregivers where Chows compassionate voice is most inspiring.
The Memory Clinic is instructive and reassuring, and is a fascinating guide through the mysterious twists of the brain.
“In the end, what I thought would be a depressing and distressing journey through a much-feared disease turned out to be a life-affirming experience.” - Literary Review of Canada
“In turn a personal memoir, a collection of stories, a guide to prevention, an update on the latest research, and inspiration to weary caregivers.” - Winnipeg Free Press
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Aging >> Caregiving
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Aging
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Aging
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns