- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
D. A. Carson's father was a pioneering church-planter and pastor in Quebec. But still, an ordinary pastor-except that he ministered during the decades that brought French Canada from the brutal challenges of persecution and imprisonment for Baptist ministers to spectacular growth and revival in the 1970s.
It is a story, and an era, that few in the English-speaking world know anything about. But through Tom Carson's journals and written prayers, and the narrative and historical background supplied by his son, readers will be given a firsthand account of not only this trying time in North American church history, but of one pastor's life and times, dreams and disappointments. With words that will ring true for every person who has devoted themselves to the Lord's work, this unique book serves to remind readers that though the sacrifices of serving God are great, the sweetness of living a faithful, obedient life is greater still.
How better to learn about a man than from a son who deeply loves and respects him? This is exactly how Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor is written. Dr. Carson is a renowned Christian scholar and professor, yet, with the same Christian humility his father displayed in all his work, Dr. Carson presents us with the legacy his father gave to him and to the Canadian people. Reading Memoirs causes deep, sometimes wrenching introspection. It is an important chapter in Christian history. Im very glad I read it, and am still pondering it. Donna Eggett, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Hugh Diggins Sr.5 Stars Out Of 5April 26, 2008Hugh Diggins Sr.Dr. Carson has done a wonderful job in this biography of his father who pastored a church in Canada for many years. Mr. Carson is an excellent example of quiet and sincere service to God and His people that encourages pastors to be faithful to their calling to "Shepherd God's Flock"
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- eBooks >> Biography
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Spirituality
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry