- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
D. A. Carson's father was a pioneering church-planter and pastor in Quebec. But still, an ordinary pastor-except that he ministered during the decades that brought French Canada from the brutal challenges of persecution and imprisonment for Baptist ministers to spectacular growth and revival in the 1970s.
It is a story, and an era, that few in the English-speaking world know anything about. But through Tom Carson's journals and written prayers, and the narrative and historical background supplied by his son, readers will be given a firsthand account of not only this trying time in North American church history, but of one pastor's life and times, dreams and disappointments. With words that will ring true for every person who has devoted themselves to the Lord's work, this unique book serves to remind readers that though the sacrifices of serving God are great, the sweetness of living a faithful, obedient life is greater still.
D. A. Carson (PhD, Cambridge University) is research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, where he has taught since 1978. He is a cofounder of the Gospel Coalition and has written or edited nearly 120 books. He and his wife, Joy, have two children and live in the north suburbs of Chicago.
How better to learn about a man than from a son who deeply loves and respects him? This is exactly how Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor is written. Dr. Carson is a renowned Christian scholar and professor, yet, with the same Christian humility his father displayed in all his work, Dr. Carson presents us with the legacy his father gave to him and to the Canadian people. Reading Memoirs causes deep, sometimes wrenching introspection. It is an important chapter in Christian history. Im very glad I read it, and am still pondering it. Donna Eggett, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Hugh Diggins Sr.5 Stars Out Of 5April 26, 2008Hugh Diggins Sr.Dr. Carson has done a wonderful job in this biography of his father who pastored a church in Canada for many years. Mr. Carson is an excellent example of quiet and sincere service to God and His people that encourages pastors to be faithful to their calling to "Shepherd God's Flock"
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction