In the Meantime: The Practice of Proactive Waiting - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
As a young adult, you've felt God's tap on the shoulder like He's got something for you to do with your life. Are you sure what it is and how to get there? If not, In the Meantime will help you find your way to whatever God has for you in life. Drawing parallels from the life of David, Rob Brendle will show you how to "live into" your calling.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Brendle, associate pastor at an evangelical megachurch in Colorado Springs, Colo., aims his first book at 20- and 30-somethings who are in limbo: they may be called by God to be pastors, or gardeners, or parents, but they need more time to mature before taking the next step. Brendle's book is about living faithfully in the time between the call and its fulfillment. Too often, he says, we are tempted to "manhandle" God's plans for us or forget about our call because it seems to take too long to play out. Brendle urges us instead to follow the lead of the biblical David, who was anointed by Samuel, but then had to wait on the Lord until his calling was fulfilled. The life stage to which Brendle draws our attention is important, but the book is flawed. Many readers may not have experienced the same kind of clear call that Brendle presupposes and experienced himself in his career and marriage decisions. Brendle may also one day regret lines like "Okay, wow. That was heavy. I need to take a deep breath now because I'm fired up and the veins in my neck are bulging a bit." Perhaps he could have followed his own advice and let this book coalesce a little longer. (Dec.) Copyright 2005 Reed Business Information.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Biblical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality