- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Modern culture would have you believe that everyone has a soul mate; that romance is the most important part of a successful marriage; that marriage does not mean 'til death do us part, but merely for as long as my needs are being met; and that when serious differences arise, divorce is the best solution.
According to the Bible, all of these modern-day assumptions miss what marriage is all about. In The Meaning of Marriagea six-session video-based Bible studyTimothy Keller, along with Kathy, his wife of forty years, draws a profound portrait of marriage from the pages of Scripture that neither idealizes nor rejects the institution but points us back to the relationship between God and man. The result is a vision for marriage that is refreshingly frank and unsentimental, yet hopeful and beautiful.
This six-session video Bible study is for anyone from singles to couples considering marriage to those who have been married recently or for a long time.
The six sessions are:
- Service: Marriage Isn't about You
- Covenant: Created to Make Promises
- Roles: Loving through Mutual Submission
- Singleness: Strengthening the Spiritual Family
- Sex: The Act of Covenant Renewal
- Hope: Seeing the Great Horizon
Timothy Keller is the founder and senior pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, and the New York Times bestselling author of The Reason for God and The Prodigal God. He has also mentored young urban church planters and pastors in New York and other cities through Redeemer City to City, which has helped launch over 200 churches in 35 global cities to date.
Kathy Keller was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and attended Allegheny College. She graduated from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in 1975 with her MA in Theological Studies. She and her husband, Tim, married one semester before graduation. West Hopewell Presbyterian Church in Hopewell, Virginia, extended a call for Tim to be a three-month interim pastor while they searched for someone more experienced. Nine years and three sons later, the Kellers moved to Philadelphia, where Tim taught at Westminster Theological Seminary and Kathy began work as an editor at Great Commission Publications.
In 1989 they moved to Manhattan to plant Redeemer Presbyterian Church. As staff were added, Kathy focused on the Communication Committee. She is now the Assistant Director of Communication and Media and the editor at Redeemer. She also writes and speaks along with Tim. Their three sons are grown and married, and producing amazing grandchildren. They and their families are all members of Redeemer.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships >> Marriage
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Relationships >> Marriage
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships