- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
As the eleven-year-old stumbles over clues to the burglaries, she makes plans to become a U.S. citizen--and enjoy the full benefit of the heaven-blessed "land of opportunity."
Let the Sister's In Time series take you back to 1903--where you may find that MaureenStevenson isn't that much different than you! Recommended for ages 8 to 12.
This story is based on (and very similar to) The New Citizen from the American Adventure Series.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Barbour Publishing
Publication Date: 2013
Series: Sisters in Time
Sofia Marie4 Stars Out Of 53 for spiritual content; the story itself is beautifulDecember 20, 2016Sofia MarieQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0Maureen came to America from Ireland with her mama and papa when she was three. At almost eleven, both her parents were "sleeping with the angels". Maureen was soon adopted by the kind employers of her mama. With her new cousin, Mark, she found a handbag belonging to someone who everyone called crazy. She decided to return it to the mysterious lady. Was that the right choice? Is the old woman crazy as everyone says she is?
"Maureen the Detective" is set in or around the year 1903. Maureen's mama worked for the Stevensons, who later adopted the girl. From a cook's daughter she became a banker's daughter in a short time. Maureen doesn't know where she belongs and that comes up a lot in the story. Also becoming a citizen is discussed. God is not brought up many times. You can read about the Stevensons going to church and Mrs. Stevenson being a good Christian woman, but not much more. This is one of the Sisters in Time books.
Target audience: 10-13 years old. Issues dealt with: feeling left out, being an immigrant, losses of loved ones, becoming a citizen.
I would give it a 3 for spiritual content; the story itself is beautiful.
"`And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'" Revelation 7:17b (NIV)
Find Related Products▼▲
- Download >> Homeschool >> Books & Classic Literature
- Download >> Homeschool >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Children's Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> History
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> 20th Century
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> American History
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Supplements
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Historical Fiction
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- eBooks >> Children >> Children's Fiction
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> History