- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 16
Vendor: Concordia Publishing House
Publication Date: 2005
Dimensions: 8 X 6.25 (inches)
Series: Arch Books
Arch Books Bible Stories: Jonah and the Very Big FishSara Fletcher, Chad Frye, Concordia Publishing HouseConcordia Publishing House / 1998 / Trade Paperback$1.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$2.49Save 20% ($0.50)
- Selected by Christian Reader as one of the top 10 series children should read
- Dozens of titles to choose
- Effectively teaches Bible stories to children
- Biblically and historically accurate
- Costs less than many greeting cards
Cindy Hinkle5 Stars Out Of 5May 19, 2006Cindy HinkleHere's the truth about Mary Magdalene and Jesus. The verses easy to read, yet profound in its life-giving truths, this rhyming book is a great gift for any season.And a great one to give away to early grade readers.
Author: Sara Hartman
Located in: Missouri
Submitted: March 04, 2006
Tell us a little about yourself. I live in Missouri with my husband, three children, a cat and our new puppy. I am a stay-at-home mom, a substitute teacher, volunteer and freelance writer. I have a new Arch book about Moses and the Ten Plagues coming out in July, and I hope to write more in the coming months.
What was your motivation behind this project? I've loved Arch books ever since I was a little girl, and have always wanted to write one. I was so excited that my story was chosen for the Arch series that I kept the message from my editor on my answering machine for months! I picked Mary Magdalene as a subject because she experienced such a range of emotions during Jesus' death and resurrection, from despair and uncertaintly to joy and elation. What a privilege to be the first person to see the resurrected Savior!
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? I hope that readers experience the joy of Jesus' resurrection every time they read Mary Magdalene's Easter Story.
Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists? I am very impressed with the illustrations that Ed Koehler provided for this book. I understand that he is also an accomplished Christian cartoonist.
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: It's easy in today's busy society to put Jesus into the background. I've recently been reminded how important it is to "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all curcumstances" (1 Thes 5:16-18).
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Bible Stories
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Books >> Children >> Seasonal >> Picture Books
- Children >> Bibles & Accessories >> Bible Character Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Bible Stories
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Children >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books