- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2014
Series: Hope for the Heart
This marriage counseling ebook, Marriage: To Have and to Hold explains how to sort out common marriage problems, build healthy communication, and move your relationship in the right direction using practical marriage advice and biblical wisdom.
and they lived happily ever after. Has happily ever after turned out differently than you thought? Most marital conflict and dissatisfaction stems from unrealistic expectations. In this Christian marriage ebook, discover how to uproot common myths about What a Christian marriage should be and find out Bible-based, practical tips for marriage that can transform your relationship from the inside out.
This 96-page Christian marriage ebook is packed with advice for building a healthy perspective of marriage. Get Christian marriage counseling on how to develop sensitivity to your partner's needs, how to celebrate (not just tolerate) differences, and how to build a lasting relationship!
With June Hunt's ebook Marriage, discover—
- God's purpose, design, and outlook on marriage.
- The common misconceptions and unrealistic expectations that can sabotage marriages.
- Practical tips on how to improve your marriage (because it's never too late).
- The male and female differences that bring balance to marriage relationships.
Enjoy Having Helpful Bible-based Advice on How to Develop a Healthy Christian Marriage!
In this fantastic 96-page minibook, June Hunt gives practical, Bible-based advice on marriage. Using the marriage relationship of James Dobson (marriage counselor and expert) as an illustrative example, she expertly addresses the challenges, benefits, and misconceptions related to building healthy relationships:
- In the definition section, June Hunt lays the foundation for truly understanding God's heart toward marriage. She reviews God's purpose for creating marriages and highlights the significance of a covenant relationship.
- In the marriage characteristics section, June Hunt addresses the common roadblocks to having a healthy marriage. She reveals how males and females often hold different expectations and desires in the areas of communication, appreciation, and being understood. By knowing how to balance these differences, marriages can be made stronger.
- The 20 unrealistic assumptions and conclusions that often unravel marriages, such as My marriage will protect me from loneliness; Marriage will allow me to change my mate; and Marriage will guarantee me affection.
- 5 profiles of troubled marriages—and how to avoid failing into the same traps: the make-believe marriage, maladjusted marriage, mixed-up marriage, money-troubled marriage, and the misaligned marriage.
- 8 priorities that cultivate healthy marriages
- 3 God-given inner needs—and how God (not our spouse) can fulfill them. God is our ultimate need-meeter for love, security, and significance.
- 30 practical ways to transform your marriage—by providing positive affirmation, showing forgiveness, releasing your right to dwell on your mate's offenses, etc.
- 8 ways to grow a healthy, Bible-based view of mutual submission.
- Marriage tips for wives and husbands on how to better fulfill your mate's desires in the areas of respect, companionship, affection, household, etc.
- A C.O.V.E.N.A.N.T checklist helping you make the most of your marriage—by committing to working out your problems, offering love to your spouse even when you don't feel like it, detecting what makes you angry, etc.
- Helpful Do's and Don'ts on how to handle marital conflicts
The Bible teaches that God created marriage to make husbands and wives holy, not just to make them happy. May this ebook help you discover wedded holinessand happinessthat will keep your marriage flourishing for as long as you both shall live.
Look for all 36 titles in the Hope For The Heart Biblical Counseling Library. These mini-books are for people who seek freedom from codependency, anger, conflict, verbal and emotional abuse, depression, or other problems.
Meet the Author: June Hunt
June Hunt, M.A. Criswell College, is a biblical counselor whose award-winning radio program Hope for the Heart is heard on 900 radio outlets around the world. For more than 25 years, she has counseled people, offering them hope for today's problems. June has helped many people with emotional, relational, and spiritual problems experience God's love through biblical hope and practical advice.
Early family pain was the catalyst that shaped June's compassionate heart. Later, as a youth director, she became aware of the need for sound biblical counsel. After years of teaching and research, she developed a scripturally based counseling course covering topics such as marriage and parenting, depression and anger, stress and suicide. These topics are now available as the Aspire Press Hope for the Heart ebooklets.
Hope from the Heart is a half-hour teaching broadcast on these important topics in more than 60 countries on 6 continents. Hope in the Night is June's live two-hour call-in counseling program that helps people untie their tangled problems on air. Through her warmth, wisdom, and gentle candor, June prompts penetrating dialogue with listeners, often with life-changing results.
Hope for the Heart ebooklets have been published in 27 languages in several formats and are being translated into more. June is a popular guest professor at colleges and seminaries and a sought-after speaker at conferences and religious broadcasting events. She teaches and speaks around the world on topics such as crisis counseling, child abuse, wife abuse, forgiveness, singleness, and self-worth.
Kind Words about June Hunt and the Hope for the Heart Minibook Series
Kay Arthur, Co-founder of Precept Ministries International, and author of When the Hurt Runs Deep-Healing and Hope for Life's Desperate Moments.
Stephen Arterburn, Founder of New Life Ministries and author of Healing Is a Choice.
Dr. Dorothy Kelley Patterson, Professor of Theology in Women's Studies, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Dr. Tony Evans, Senior Pastor, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, and President of The Urban Alternative.
LisaGoldaThe Woodlands, TXAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5MUST Read For MarriageSeptember 24, 2014LisaGoldaThe Woodlands, TXAge: 35-44Gender: femaleI just finished reading this amazing mini book and I wanted to share my thoughts on it with you. If you are married and looking to have a better marriage or just a deeper understanding of what marriage is all about, this book is for you. If you are engaged and not sure what to expect and want to have a lasting marriage then this book is for you. If you are dateing or in the looking process and want to not only understand just what marriage is all about but to have a marriage that will be strong, then this book is for you.
I love how June looks at marriage as a whole but also separate for the individual and then she bring it all back round to the TRUE main focal point which is God. She explains all the delicate details along with the sometimes hard to except truth of just how God see marriage for His creation.
This mini book would be great to use for people who are engaged as a course to go through before their special day. June takes you step by step and shows you BOTH sides of marriage and uses Scripture to back up what she says. I feel like her words of wisdom will inspire you to make your marriage what it should be in Gods eyes, HOLY.
Rose Publishing has provided me with an advanced copy.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Supplies >> Outreach/Visitor >> Booklets
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Counseling
- Church Supplies >> Outreach/Visitor >> Booklets
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues