- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Penguin Books
Publication Date: 2011
The Iron Lady, the definitive Margaret Thatcher biography, is available just in time for the movie starring Meryl Streep as one of the most infamous figures in postwar politics.
Whether you love her or hate her, Margaret Thatcher's impact on twentieth-century history is undeniable. From her humble, small-town upbringing to her rise to power as the United Kingdom's first female prime minister, to her dramatic fall from grace after more than three decades of service, celebrated biographer John Campbell delves into the story of this fascinating woman's life as no one has before. The result of more than nine years of meticulous research, The Iron Lady is the only balanced, unvarnished portrait of Margaret Thatcher, one of the most vital and controversial political figures of our time.
"Superbly researched...unlike so many others is neither hagiography nor hatchet-job, and probably gets closer to the truth than any...magnificently told."
"The best book yet written about Lady Thatcher."
"An enormously useful achievement...every twist and turn of her political life is here."
"I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and indeed arguing with it, because it has reminded me why many of us would never have wanted her to give up."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Political Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Political Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Political Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction