I Am Malala: How One Girl Stood Up for Education and Changed the World (Young Reader's Edition) - eBook
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 2014
The bestselling memoir by Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai.
I Am Malala. This is my story.
I Am Malala. This is my story.
Malala Yousafzai was only ten years old when the Taliban took control of her region. They said music was a crime. They said women weren't allowed to go to the market. They said girls couldn't go to school.
Raised in a once-peaceful area of Pakistan transformed by terrorism, Malala was taught to stand up for what she believes. So she fought for her right to be educated. And on October 9, 2012, she nearly lost her life for the cause: She was shot point-blank while riding the bus on her way home from school.
No one expected her to survive.
Now Malala is an international symbol of peaceful protest and the youngest ever Nobel Peace Prize winner. In this Young Readers Edition of her bestselling memoir, which has been reimagined specifically for a younger audience and includes exclusive photos and material, we hear firsthand the remarkable story of a girl who knew from a young age that she wanted to change the world -- and did.
Malala's powerful story will open your eyes to another world and will make you believe in hope, truth, miracles and the possibility that one person -- one young person -- can inspire change in her community and beyond.
Malala Yousafzai was born in 1997 in the Swat Valley of Pakistan. In her short lifetime, she has already experienced devastating changes in her country, which has been transformed from a once peaceful land to a hotbed of terrorism. Malala, who now lives in Birmingham, England, says she has been given a second life, which she intends to devote to the good of the people and her belief that all girls everywhere deserve an education. The fund she started can be found at MalalaFund.org.
Praise for I Am Malala:
A 2015 Amelia Bloomer Project List Selection
A CBC 2015 Children's Choice Book Awards Finalist
A 2015 International Literacy Association Teachers' Choice Selection
* "A searing and personal portrait of a young woman who dared to make a difference."Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"This is no simple redaction. With the capable assistance of co-author McCormick, the account has been effectively rewritten specifically for children...[I]t should pack quite a wallop."Kirkus Reviews
"Although her efforts to attend school, and the subsequent attack she endured, make for a powerful story, Yousafzai writes just as vividly about her daily life as a child in Pakistan.... Yousafzai's fresh, straightforward voice creates an easily read narrative that will introduce a slew of younger readers to both her story and her mission."Booklist
[Yousafzai's] strong voice and ideals come across on every page, emphasizing how her surroundings and supportive family helped her become the relevant figure she is today....SLJ
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Biography
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Biography