With clear writing and a contemporary approach, emphasizing how each doctrine should be understood and applied by present-day Christians, Making Sense of the Church
explores the community of all true believers for all time - the church.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- the invisible church - the church as God sees it
- the visible church - the church as Christians on earth see it
- the purity of church - the degree of freedom from wrong doctrine and conduct
- the primary purpose of the church - ministry to God, believers, and the world
- the power of the church - its God-given authority to carry on spiritual warfare, proclaim the gospel, and exercise church discipline
- and spiritual gifts - abilities empowered by the Holy Spirit and used in any ministry of the church
and Wayne Grudem is Research Professor of Theology and Biblical Studies at Phoenix Seminary in Phoenix, Arizona. He holds degrees from Harvard (AB), Westminster Theological Seminary (MDiv, DD), and Cambridge (PhD). He is the author of more than a dozen books including the bestselling Systematic Theology. and SPANISH BIO: Wayne Grudem es profesor de teologia sistematica y biblica en Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, en Deerfield, Illinois. Ostenta titulos de Harvard (Licenciatura en Arte) del seminario Westminster (Maestro en Divinidades), y de Cambridge (Doctor en Filosofia). Es autor de un gran numero de libros, entre los que se incluye el ganador del Premio Medallon de Plata Teologia Sistematica y es coeditor de Recovering Biblical.