Making a Good Church Great: Becoming a Community God Calls Home - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2010
Bestselling author Steve Sjogren untangles the complex jumble commonly known as greatness in today's megachurch, mega-everything world. As a successful pastor, he launched the servant evangelism movement, but along the way he discovered that significance was not where or what he thought it would be. Now, in a very practical book, he focuses on genuine greatness. Is it the size of the sanctuary? The number of new believers baptized each year? The youth attendance? The quantity of bestselling books the pastor has written? The list of television shows, radio shows, or podcasts the pastors appears on? Or is it something more? What is the buzz on good churches that become great in God's eyes? Sjogren argues that greatness is not a point at which you arrive; rather, it is an ongoing process of worshipping, serving, and living in God's presence. It not a slick program; rather, it is a family, a hospital, an army, and a school. When God is present, his people are empowered. When God empowers his people, a good church becomes great.
STEVE SJOGREN and his wife, Janie, have planted churches in Los Angeles, Baltimore, Cincinnati, and Oslo, Norway. Steve writes, speaks, mentors church planters, and in February 2008 launched a church plant in Tampa, Florida. He is the author of Conspiracy of Kindness, Changing the World through Kindness, and The Day I Died, and has written articles that have appeared in Charisma, New Man, Discipleship Journal, and more. Steve and Janie have three grown children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Ecclesiology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Ecclesiology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership