- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Jim Cymbalahas been the pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than thirty-five years. The bestselling author of Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire,he lives in New York City with his wife, Carol Cymbala, who directs the Grammy Award-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.
Dean Merrill, former publishing executive with Focus on the Family and International Bible Society, is author or coauthor of 31 books, including The God Who Won't Let Go and Sinners in the Hands of an Angry Church. He and his wife live in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
1. What is that you desire more of? Are your desires in line with God's will?
2. Do you really want what God wants for your life? What are you doing to allow him to work in your life? What are you doing that is blocking his working in your life?
3.What intimidates you most about "stepping up"? What thrills you most?
Chapter 2 - An Assignment Just for You
1.Have you discovered your work assignment from God?
2.What excuses do people sometimes give for not fulfilling their assignment from God?
3.What scares you most about opening yourself up to an assignment from God? What excites you most?
Chapter 3 - The Place of God's Blessing
1."Look back before you move forward": In what ways have you experienced God's power and provision in the past?
2."Don't try to move forward in disobedience": Why is this message sometimes hard for Christians to accept? Is there something in your life you need to repent of?
3."The blood sacrifice must always remain central": What does the sacrifice of Jesus mean to you?
Chapter 4 - The Forgotten One
1. What is your current understanding of the Holy Spirit?
2. In what ways have you experienced the Holy Spirit? In what ways have you held the Holy Spirit at a distance?
3.What might happen in your life if you surrendered to the Holy Sprit's power?
Chapter 5 - Lesson from the Bayou
1. "Do to others what you would have them do to you": When is this easy for you? When is it difficult?
2. Who are some of the people God loves that society does not?
3. In what tangible ways are you able to show love? How have you had love shown to you?
Chapter 6 - Not So Fast!
1. When is the last time you took time to seek the Lord's direction on a big-or small-decision? What was the outcome?
2. Why do we often neglect to wait for God's direction?
3. "Ask, wait, and listen": How can you cultivate this principle in your life?
Chapter 7 - Wholehearted for the Long Haul
1. What undermines your sense of commitment?
2. What challenges are you currently experiencing?
3. "Determined and dependent": How can we combine these two qualities?
Chapter 8 - "What's Up with This?"
1. What can help us have courage when times get tough?
2. What difficult experiences have you had that have helped you grow?
3. What is your first reaction to hardship? How can you remember to pray when hardships come?
Chapter 9 - The Enemy Within
1. In what ways is the enemy attacking you?
2. What are you currently doing to defeat him?
3. What steps can you take to help yourself turn to God immediately when you are experiencing an attack of Satan?
Chapter 10 - Objection Overruled
1. Is God calling you to a specific task? What specific objections are you giving him?
2. Which of God's qualities do you most need to hold on to in order to take on this task (his grace, strength, mercy, power, love, understanding, knowledge, greatness, etc.)?
3. "God's promise, plan, and power": Which of these do you tend to underestimate? What steps do you need to take to develop a conviction that God can be trusted?
Chapter 11 - More Than You'd Ever Dream
1. Why is it often difficult to remain faithful in the ordinary things of life?
2. Who do you know that has yielded their life to the purposes of God?
What qualities do you admire about this person?
3. What are some small faithful acts that you've seen God bless in a big way?
Chapter 12 - Supernatural Peace
1. "Resist accusations, resolve animosity, release anxiety, renew your mental 'atmosphere'": Which of these attacks of Satan do you struggle with most often?
2. What steps can you take to hold on to God's promises when you are experiencing one of these attacks?
3. What changes would occur in your life in you truly pursued God's supernatural peace?
Chapter 13 - A Word to Remember
1. What verses in the Bible are especially meaningful to you?
2. When have you experienced God's personalized word to you?
3. What has God promised you?