Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- A general introduction to each major division of the Bible
- A short introduction covering author, date, time, and setting for each book of the Bible
- Each introduction also includes discussion of God's character, how Christ is seen, key doctrines, key words, key people, and key Scripture passages that represent the "theme core" of each book of the Bible
- A harmony of the historical books of 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, and 1 and 2 Chronicles
- A harmony of the Gospels
- Articles providing an overview of theology, the ministry of Jesus, the ministry of the apostles, and the progress of revelation
- Cross-references to The MacArthur Bible Handbook as an alternate source for more in-depth treatment
|Title: The MacArthur Bible Commentary|
By: John MacArthur
Number of Pages: 2040
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2005
|Dimensions: 9.75 X 6.75 X 2.75 (inches)|
Weight: 3 pounds 16 ounces
Stock No: WW250662
John 12-21: The MacArthur New Testament CommentaryJohn MacArthurMoody Publishers / 2008 / Hardcover$16.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$29.99Save 43% ($13.00)
Faithful, Focused Commentary on the Whole Bible
Serious students of Scripture can easily lose their focus among the many Bible commentaries available today, studying for hours yet discovering no meaningful application of God's eternal truth. This one-volume commentary on the entire Bible from one of America's foremost Bible expositors offers instead a minilibrary of understandable resources designed to convey the Bible's overarching message with historical and theological clarity.
Pastor and teacher John MacArthur covers the complete Bibleevery passage of the Old and New Testaments, phrase by phrasein this valuable one-volume resource. Hundreds of additional study tools complement the commentary, such as
- Word studies
- Charts, graphs, and brief articles
- Overviews of each major division of the Bible
- Introductions to each biblical book
- A summary of essential Christian theology
- Special sections on Jesus's life and ministry
- Harmonies of historical writings
- Guidance in studying, applying, and teaching God's Word
Readers benefit from the coherence a single commentator provides, finding faithful, understandable, and relevant resources for any passage from the entire Bible. Consistent elements include exploring God's character; seeing Christ in all Scripture; and identifying key doctrines, vital people, and touchstone Scripture passages. The MacArthur Bible Commentary offers pastors, Bible teachers, serious Bible readers, and anyone seeking to read and understand the Scriptures a way to focus their studies while still seeing the entire Bible's application to the Christian life.
John MacArthur has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, since 1969. His ministry of expository preaching is unparalleled in its breadth and influence. In more than five decades of ministry from the same pulpit, he has preached verse by verse through the entire New Testament and several key sections of the Old Testament. He is Chancellor of the Masters University and Seminary, and can be heard daily on the Grace to You radio broadcast (carried on hundreds of radio stations worldwide). He has authored numerous bestselling books, including Twelve Ordinary Men and One Perfect Life.
For more details about John MacArthur and his Bible-teaching resources, contact Grace to You at 800-55-GRACE or gty.org.