Add To Cart
What Luther Says: A Practical In-Home Anthology for the Active Christian
This books contains more than 5,100 quotations on 200 subjects from the writings of Martin Luther. All quotations are alphabetically and topically arranged for quick and easy reference.
The introduction explores Luther's life and writings, gives a historical perspective for this volume, and provides a description of how Ewald Plass went about producing this book.
- brief biographical sketches of prominent individuals mentioned in the quotations
- a list of Luther's writings with pertinent publishing information and context
- a chronological outline of Luther's life
- a bibliography for further reading
- topical index
- Scripture index
Number of Pages: 1696
Vendor: Concordia Publishing House
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 10 X 6.9 (inches)|
Martin Luther: A Guided Tour of His Life and ThoughtStephen J. NicholsP & R Publishing / 2002 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$13.99Save 18% ($2.50)
The Wit of Martin Luther: Distinguishing Mark of Christian FreedomEric W. GritschFortress Press / 2006 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$12.99Save 15% ($2.00)
A Place to Stand: The Word of God In the Life of Martin LutherGene Edward Veith Jr.Cumberland House Publishing / 2005 / Hardcover$15.26 Retail:
$16.95Save 10% ($1.69)
New edition at a lower price. More than 5,000 quotations arranged alphabetically and topically. New thumb index.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Eugene C. Smith5 Stars Out Of 5September 3, 2009Eugene C. SmithWHAT LUTHER SAYS, serves as a great primary resource, reference work and even a devotional guide for those who wish to get to know Dr. Martin Luther as well as for those who have known of his writing for years. It is better than having an index to his work, for it is arranged topically as well as being edited with the context of his words as well as their purpose being presented. Reading WHAT LUTHER SAYS is like hearing the Reformer in person. In the text you may look up what he has to say on a wide range of topics from Affliction to the wrath of God. The words are taken not only from his sermons, but from lectures and personal correspondance. Even the Appendixes are very useful. Should you wish to read WHAT LUTHER SAYS on a Scriptural passge, it is listed. One appendix serves like a mini history book as it provides a brief biographical sketch on prominent persons from the Reformer's days. And should you wish to learn more about Luther, there is an extensive bibliography for you to consider. It is no wonder that the work has been reprinted since 1959 because of its timeless and valuable usefulness.
sandy groff5 Stars Out Of 5February 28, 2009sandy groffThis book is a must for any christian. If you start to read Luther, Ewald Plass will be your tour guide. He devoted the last ten years of his life to organizing 16th century Luther to the 20th century. By far, the best book on Luther I have read.
Page 1 of 1
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Saints & Notable Figures
- Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Luther
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Lutheran Theology
- Books >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Saints & Notable Figures
- Books >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Luther
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Lutheran Theology