Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Whitaker House
Publication Date: 2015
On January 12, 2010, a 7.1-magnitude earthquake struck the country of Haiti. The world watched in horror the news reports of the devastation. Immediately responding to the catastrophe were Love A Child ministry founders Bobby and Sherry Burnette, who had somehow escaped death. In the days following, they came to believe they had been spared in order to minister to the desperate needs all around them. When the earthquake hit, Bobby and Sherry had served in Haiti for many years. Love Is Something You Do is the extraordinary narrative of the Burnettes' lifelong journey of faith and compassion. If you love a great story, find a place to settle in and read one fascinating account after another. Travel the path that led them to Haiti; a land of mountains, colorful cultures, and insightful proverbs, but also of extreme poverty, oppressive voodoo, and despair. Experience their early years in street ministry, their life-threatening adventures and accidents, their incidents of miraculous healings and financial provision, and their standoffs with witch doctors and evil spirits. Above all, be renewed by their message of hope and peace, through which they continue to transform people's lives spiritually, physically, educationally, and vocationally; giving Haitians a life of dignity and purpose they had never dreamed possible.
Bobby and Sherry Burnette are the founders and directors of Love A Child, Inc. They began their ministry by preaching on street corners, under gospel tents, and in auditoriums and churches. In 1971, they made their first short-term trip to Haiti. Although they continued to minister in many countries, their hearts were drawn to that nation, and they made 400 mission trips there. They moved to Haiti in 1991 and have never looked back. The Burnettes help those living in poverty through a variety of innovative outreaches to children and adults.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Missionary Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational