- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Take this opportunity to develop a deeper knowledge of God and His place in your life through the five complete works in this book: The Love of God, The Ministry of the Unnoticed, Invincible Consolation, The Making of a Christian, and Now Is It Possible. Each title blends with the others to create insight that can help every believer "run with endurance the race that is set before us.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Discovery House
Publication Date: 2011
Chambers study assumes the absolute authority of the Bible, then searches it deeply to discover treasures that enhance spiritual growth. Those treasures include the richness and relevance of Scripture, the reality of faith at work, and intimacy with God.
- Challenges Christians to step back and consider what their commitment to the Lord means in personal and practical terms.
- For people who want to deepen and strengthen their relationship with the heavenly Father.
- Written by the author of the popular devotional My Utmost for His Highest.
Oswald Chambers (1874-1917) was born July 24, 1874, in Aberdeen, Scotland. He came into a personal relationship with Jesus as his Savior in his teen years under the ministry of Charles Haddon Spurgeon, and studied art and archeology at the University of Edinburgh before answering a call from God to the Christian ministry. He then studied theology at Dunoon College. From 1906-1910 he conducted an itinerant Bible-teaching ministry in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan.
In 1910, Chambers married Gertrude Hobbs. They had one daughter, Kathleen.
In 1911 he founded and became principal of the Bible Training College in Clapham, London, where he lectured until the school was closed in 1915 because of World War I. In October 1915 he sailed for Zeitoun, Egypt (near Cairo), where he ministered to troops from Australia and New Zealand as a YMCA chaplain. He died there November 15, 1917, following surgery for a ruptured appendix.
Although Oswald Chambers wrote only one book, Baffled to Fight Better (since updated and titled Our Ultimate Refuge), more than thirty titles bear his name. Mrs. Chambers, a court stenographer, compiled the rest of her husband's published works from her verbatim shorthand notes. For half a century following her husband's death she labored to give his words to the world. My Utmost For His Highest, his best-known work, has been continuously in print in the United States since 1935 and remains in the top ten titles of the religious book bestseller list with millions of copies in print. It has become a Christian classic.
The Oswald Chambers material is published and licensed exclusively by Discovery House Publishers through arrangement with the Oswald Chambers Publications Association, Ltd.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality