Lord of the Ring, The: In Search of Count von Zinzendorf - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is not available for purchase in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Bethany House
Publication Date: 2007
Part history, part narrative, The Lord of the Ring takes readers on a fascinating journey back to the eighteenth-century Moravian renewal movement and one-hundred-year prayer watch. Experience the passion of young Count Nikolaus Ludwig von Zinzendorf and his friends as they took a vow to serve Christ their king faithfully in whatever situation of life they found themselves. Signed by the five school friends and illustrated in a medallion made by Zinzendorf's grandmother, the vow of the "Confessors of Christ" is as relevant today as when it first was conceived in 1716. Join Phil Anderson on an aerial road trip via his three-seater plane as he undertakes a twenty-first century pilgrimage from England to Germany. Anderson retraces the steps of Zinzendorf, reconnects with his legacy, and seeks to apply it to life and faith in a new millennium. Learning from the past, readers will discover crucial signposts for grappling with the church of today's identity and calling as an authentic, relational, missional community.
PHIL ANDERSON is a pilot and pilgrim, an engineer and encourager, a communicator and conspirator. He works as a consultant, serves as a leader of Thurrock Christian Fellowship (a church in southeast England), participates as a member of 24-7 Prayer (an international community of prayer, mission and justice), and facilitates www.mustardseedorder.com (a meeting place for those interested in exploring the relevance of Zinzendorf's mustard seed vow to discipleship in the twenty-first century). He is a husband to Lisa and a father to Holly and Bethany.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Modern Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Reformation Era Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology